1. Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Network Connections.
Network Connections in the Control Panel
2. Double click “Wireless Network Connection.”
Wireless Network Connection
3. Click “View Wireless Networks.”
View Wireless Networks
4. Click the “JC-SECURE” wireless network, and then “Connect.”
5. Once opened, a pop-up in the bottom right will appear stating “Click here to select a certificate or other credentials for connection to the network JC-SECURE.” (If you do not see this pop-up box, skip to "If you do not see the pop-up box.")
6. Click on the box, and you will be prompted for your credentials.
7. Enter your Eaglenet username and password.
8. Under domain, type: “JUNIATA.”
You will then be connected to the new wireless network, JC-SECURE.
If you do not see the pop-up box
1. If you do not see the pop-up box described in step 5 above, and instead see one that reads “Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network JC-Secure,” go to the Wireless Network Connections screen (see step 4 above) and click “Change Advanced Settings” in the left-hand side of the window.
Advanced Settings Link
2. Select the “Wireless Networks” tab.
Wireless Networks Tab
3. Under “Preferred networks” select “JC-SECURE” and click “Properties.”
4. Click the “Authentication” tab.
5. Set the “EAP type” to “Protected EAP (PEAP).
6. Remove any check marks from the bottom two boxes.
7. Under “EAP type” select “Properties.”
EAP Type Screen
8. On this screen, deselect the “Validate server certificate” option.
9. On the same screen, under “Select Authentication Method,” click the “Configure” button. A dialog box entitled “EAP Properties,” will come up.
EAP Select Authentication Method Configure Button
10. Uncheck the option that states “Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain, if any).”
Authenticaiton Method Checkbox
11. Click “OK” until you return to the Wireless Networks screen.
12. Wait approximately 30 seconds for a pop-up to appear in the lower right-hand corner stating that the computer needs credentials to log onto the network. Once the box appears, click it.
**If the pop-up doesn't appear within the thirty seconds, restart the computer and go through the connection process again.
13. You will be prompted for your credentials. Enter your Eaglenet username and password
14. For domain, type “JUNIATA”.
If the connection was successful, you will see a pop-up confirming your connection.