Philosophy and Religious Studies
Department: Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Students who wish to combine their interest in religion and philosophy are encouraged to complete a designated interdisciplinary POE in philosophy and religious studies (corresponding to the so-called Dual Major in many colleges).
- Total 18 courses (54 credit hours) in both areas with at least 6 courses (18 credit hours) at the 300-level or above.
- Must contain at least 7 courses in philosophy (21 credit hours) with at least 3 courses at the 300-level or above, one course in logic, and two courses in the history of philosophy
- Must contain at least 7 courses in religious studies (21 credit hours) with at least 3 courses at the 300-level or above, the course Introduction to World Religions, and one course in the following three areas: Christian theology/history, now-Western religions, and Bible.
- Senior research project (or senior thesis, capstone seminar): one semester (3 credit hours).