Social networking sites are virtual, online communities allowing people to connect to each other from around the world. Here are some risks you need to be aware of.
1. Criminals use social networking sites to look for personal information to steal your identity or guess your passwords.
2. Potential employers and colleges use these sites to supplement background investigations.
3. Others can post pictures and information about you.
4. Third-party programs and games within social networking sites can potentially infect your computer or access your private information.
5. Trusting others can lead to loss of privacy. Only accept friend requests from people you know and trust.
6. You should never post any work related information on social networking sites unless you have prior permission.
For more information on Social Networking, please visit keepitsafe.juniata.edu
To register for the training sessions, please visit https://secureweb.juniata.edu/training_sessions/