Two more Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) have been installed on campus. There is now a total of 10 AED's on campus.
- The Public Safety Patrol vehicle is equipped with an AED and can be administered by the trained Public Safety Officer.
- The student run emergency medical services club, QRS*8, has an AED on hand and will respond when dispatched.
- An AED is located on the second floor of Founders Hall outside the Registrar's Office
- An AED is located in the hallway between the Rosenberger Auditorium and Von Liebig Theater in the Hallbritter Performing Arts Center.
- An AED is located on the west mezzanine of Memorial Gymnasium inside the Kennedy Sports & Rec. Center
- An AED is located just outside the main doors of the Brumbaugh Strength & Fitness Center
- An AED is located inside the main room of Shuster Hall at the Raystown Field Station.
- The Athletic Training Staff has 3 AEDs that are distributed between the athletic fields when in use.
Automatic external defibrillators (AEDs) accurately analyze cardiac rhythms and, if appropriate, deliver an electric countershock. Automated external defibrillators require minimal training to use. It automatically diagnoses the heart rhythm and determines if a shock is needed. The number of people who survive Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) is increasing gradually, thanks to the use of AEDs.