PLEASE EMAIL A RESUME AND COVER LETTER EXPRESSING INTEREST TO HARRIS CAULER BY FRIDAY, MARCH 7.
The Video Production Coordinator will work primarily with students and faculty to oversee and manage a team of video production employees, coordinate scheduling, assist with video-production, and make recommendations for post-production solutions.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for growth and development of TSC media/video services
2. Develop a list of video services the TSC will provide and determine appropriate fees for services
3. Responsible for hiring, managing, and training employees on recording, captioning, and post-production editing
4. Coordinate scheduling/staffing for all recording engagements
5. Maintain and purchase appropriate equipment and ensure reliability
6. Work with the Assistant Director of Instructional Technology to compile recommendations and best practices for video production in online learning
7. Work with faculty and students to make recommendations about which editing software to use, as well as hold training sessions on the software
8. Understand different content distribution channels and recommend the best one for each project (YouTube, Vimeo, streaming, local drive, etc.)
Works independently utilizing judgment and discretion while managing employees and maintain a cooperative attitude while working with faculty and students. This position is supervised by the Director of the Technology Solutions Center under general guidelines and direction and must be able to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others. The student hired for this position must be self-motivated, have experience or interest in the field of video production, and be extremely well organized.
- Knowledge and competencies of software applications used in video editing (iMovie, Adobe Premier)
- Must be a Junior or below, and must be available to start this semester and work through Spring 2015